June 19, 2017

Summer weekend Mini Album


Oh I love making Mini Albums. There cute, there fun and a great way to experiment.
This little album was made for Pink Paislee using the Summer Lights collection.


I decided to document our time at the pool. Our second home in summer. So many memories there with the kids, the swimming, the slides, the milkshakes, the water play. I do love our summer weekends in the water.


I used some big 5 x 5 inch photos. The take the focus away from the busyness of the photo, I decided to create a little flap. I could then add more interest and interaction and also put as much journaling as necessary under the flap.


No project is complete without hand stitching. I stitched the edge of the scallop to add a little more texture, a very subtle amount.


I then decided to create a grid on the back of the album with all those cute stickers and chipboard pieces. They seemed to be able to sum up our summer at the pool.


There's a cute little pocket in the middle with some jorunalling. I turned one of the cute apart pieces form the paper, into a tag, so that I could add twine for interest.


Thanks again to Pink Paislee for inviting me to be Guest designer and trusting me to do this Summer Lights collection justice.

 photo b14aab11-c343-4b9f-bec1-896291fc7892_zpspbti8bqf.png

No comments:

Post a Comment

Oh My friend thanks for leaving me a little love :)
x