February 23, 2017

Curls and scallops



Hello crafty friends. You know when you see a piece paper and instantly  oooh and ahhh over it? That was me with the scallop paper from Felicity Jane Sophie collection. I knew I wanted to fussy the scallops. Who doesn't like sitting on the couch with a coffee and a pair scissors, day dreaming while you cut? I've said it a few times, but its relaxing and very therapeutic. Perhaps not for the person watching you cut, but for the person with the scissors its great.


I laid the scallop down on the page, with absolute no direction at this point, other than use those scallops. I fiddle for a while. Got up and did some laundry, came back and then I had that 'lightbulb' moment. Lets cut them up individually. More fussy cutting. Why not? Another coffee, sure!

Then  I start layering them in no order at all. Oh, I love how it turned out.


I needed to keep my embellishments minimal (that was tricky for me) because the focus was the scallops.

Time to think about my next project. Fussy cutting perhaps?



 photo b14aab11-c343-4b9f-bec1-896291fc7892_zpspbti8bqf.png

6 comments:

  1. Such a pretty page to go with those curls. The scallops are fun!! And that stitching around. Yum!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Lynn! It was very fun to create! XO

    ReplyDelete
  3. Replies
    1. Thanks Kellie! I love this layout too! XO

      Delete

Oh My friend thanks for leaving me a little love :)
x