December 19, 2016

Therapeutic pieces of paper



 Hello!

I've been valuing the little down time each day I can have while the kiddos are home for the school break. There is just something so therapeutic about cutting up squares of paper and sticking pretty things together. Its just satisfying seeing a paper project come together.


The projects come together slowly, but slow and steady wins the race... well, we're not literally in a race for first finished in creativity, but sometimes its good to just think about what were sticking down and why were documenting that moment. Perhaps were not really documenting the moment, we simply want to stick things down for the sack of it. Thats ok too.


I loved sitting and cutting up each these pieces paper. I was going to say squares, but some these are fair from square. I went free hand, (as if you cant tell) and didn't think about the size or shape of my paper. I cut up my leftover scraps from the Hip Kit November kit. 



I started sticking them down to build a Christmas tree. I was so inspired by Elsie with all her hand stitching on her layouts, that I gave it a go too. You know what, that stitching is so therapeutic too. I will be doing more of that. Thanks Elsie for your inspiration! 



I decided to put a photo in the middle of tree and stick, well, more pretty things down.


So happy with this 'therapeutic' layout.
No purpose, no deadline, no challenge... just simply sticking pretty things down.


 photo b14aab11-c343-4b9f-bec1-896291fc7892_zpspbti8bqf.png

2 comments:

  1. Beautiful layout!! Love all the colors and layering!

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOVE this!!! Beautiful and fun layering!

    ReplyDelete

Oh My friend thanks for leaving me a little love :)
x